In case of doubts regarding these policies, please, contact us at: [email protected].
- Principles: L-NET: a) obtains the data for legal purposes and/or with the consent of the owner of the same (when applicable); b) stores the data with adequate protections for its integrity and confidentiality; c) retains the data for the time necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained; d) make reasonable efforts to correct or delete incorrect data, where possible; (e) request its agents and/or contractors to adhere to these principles.
- Data collection: Users, who register their data, will be asked for express consent for their data to be managed and processed by L-NET in those cases where their data is published, and there is no contractual relationship and/or a purpose or public interest to contemplate.
- Use of data:The primary use of the data collected will be to provide the requested service or information (including newsletters), provide information of public and/or community interest, administer and protect the services provided, and secure our systems from unauthorized and/or abusive use. Additionally, the data collected may be used to improve our services or the support of our partners and/or customers.
The aforementioned uses do not require sharing the data with third parties, except in the following situations:
- a) Due to the inherent nature of the service: many of the services offered by L-NET are services that, because of their inherent nature, require the publication of information in public form and/or to a defined community; b) By their express consent; c) With suppliers, consultants or other service providers, in those cases in which it is required for the fulfillment of the service; d) For legal purposes, in those cases in which an administrative, regulatory and / or judicial authority requires us to provide such information, if L-NET understands that it is requested in accordance with the applicable legal regulations and / or understands that some of the agreements and / or service policies of L-NET have been violated; and e) to protect the security and operation of the Website or the rights of other Users, as well as to protect us and our partners, affiliates, consultants and suppliers from all liability, or if we have reason to believe that someone is causing, or threatening to cause, harm or interference with the rights or property of L-NET, as well as fraud protection.
- Data Retention:L-NET will keep personal data for the period necessary to carry out the activity that led to its collection, bearing in mind that L-NET must keep historical data of certain transactions.
The data will be deleted from all systems when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, and its conservation is not required or enabled by any legal provision.
- Data processing:L-NET will process your data in full compliance with applicable regulations and accordance with these policies. At no time will your data be used for activities other than those you consented to unless you expressly authorize us to do so.
- Security and reliability of the data: The personal data provided to L-NET will be treated with the strictest security and confidentiality. L-NET adopts all appropriate security measures to ensure the conservation of your data privately and securely.
Nonetheless, given the inherent nature of the Internet as a global open communications vehicle, L-NET cannot guarantee such personal data. We cannot guarantee that any data, whether during its transmission over the Internet or while stored in our data systems or otherwise maintained by us, be safe from intrusion by third parties, such as hackers.
L-NET maintains the confidentiality of the personal data of Users and customers on the website, in compliance with the legislation on Protection of Personal Data of Uruguay, except in cases where the data is requested by law or judicial or administrative order.
You can also delete the cookie-stored files on your computer. Refer to the software manual used to browse the Internet to do this.
The use of this website implies your consent to the use of the tracking technologies described above.
- Business Transfers: If L-NET, or a portion of its assets or business, is sold or assigned, merged, or otherwise transferred, we may transfer your personal information as part of the transaction. In the event of such a transfer, L-NET will use its best efforts to ensure that it will continue to be covered by the same types of protection as it enjoyed before such transfer.
- Privacy of information about minors. The L-NET website is not directed to minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about or store personal information about children under the age of 18.
- Links to Other Services. The Website may include links to third-party websites or locations. In such case, it is for your convenience and does not imply endorsement by us concerning such websites or locations or for their contents. L-NET does not control the websites, applications, or other services operated by third parties and is not responsible for their data protection and privacy practices. We recommend, therefore, that once you access a third-party website, application, or service, you familiarize yourself with the relevant privacy rules and practices.
- Obligation of the User: You agree to guarantee the truthfulness and accuracy of the data you communicate to the L-NET website.
- Exercise of rights: L-NET will guarantee the free exercise of your rights of access, rectification, deletion, or inclusion of the personal data entered, in terms of Law 18.331 of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, its amendments and regulatory decree.
L-NET must keep records of certain essential information about the aforementioned registration services to maintain the integrity of its registration services, without prejudice of above.
You will be informed how and where you can exercise these rights regarding the forms in which you are requested personal information on this website. If you do not remember this information, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Contact: If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, you may contact us via email, postal mail, or telephone. Attention: Subject: Operator of Blockchain networks for Latin America and the Caribbean (L-NET), Rambla República de México 6125, Montevideo, Uruguay.
Last updated: January 31, 2022.